Thursday, January 17, 2008

New Stuff in a New Year

I'm going through significant changes in my life as 2008 begins. My wife and I are preparing to move to the Birmingham area and I'm looking for a new job. 2007 was full of surprises; some good and some not so good. 2008 will be a year of getting back on level ground in many areas.
I haven't written much since finishing the NaNo. I've tried to keep reading, though. I read Tess Gerritsen's The Surgeon over the course of 3 days, which is almost unheard of for me, and am now reading Stephen King's Misery. Both books are excellent, even though I am only halfway through Misery. The movie was very good, but the book blows it away. I saw a video of Mr. King on YouTube where he emphasized the importance of aspiring writers continuing to read. At least I'm doing something right!
Hopefully and prayerfully we'll be set in Birmingham within 2 or 3 weeks. I'm looking forward to returning to a sense of normalcy over the next few months. As that happens, I believe I'll be able to get back in stride with my writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home