Saturday, August 12, 2006

Who I Read

I've heard it said many times there are two things a writer must do - write a lot, and read a lot.
I have long work days (I'm not a full-time writer - yet) and am not able to read or write as much as I would like to, but I'm usually reading one or two books.

I just finished Tess Gerritsen's "Harvest" and recently read her book "Vanish." They are both excellent. "Vanish" was the first thing of hers I've ever read, but she is now on my "must read" list.
I'm also reading "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King. I'm on the seventh of seven volumes. I've just gotten back into after putting it aside for a while. I feel like I've been on the journey to the Tower as long as Roland and his ka-tet. If you've read the books, you understand.

My other favorite authors are Michael Connelly, John Grisham, and Patricia Cornwell.
I'm about to get a book by JA Konrath, and from what I've seen of his work so far, his name will likely be added to the above list.

I read thrillers, suspense, mystery, courtroom, etc., and watch TV shows like "Law and Order" (all of 'em) and CSI. And surprise, surprise, a lot of the stories I write are mysteries, suspense, etc. Hopefully in time, some will be published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home